This webinar is for health professionals (including psychologists, nurses, and dietitians) who are new to the area of bariatric surgery.
With growing numbers of post-op bariatric patients in communities all across the country, as a health care professional, it's not IF you'll come across a bariatric patient, but rather only a matter of WHEN.
In this 80 minute webinar, we provide...
- A basic overview of what bariatric surgery is.
- A review of the prevalence of mental health disorders within the bariatric population.
- Disordered eating examples from our clinical experience and other common topics of conversation with clients that would prompt a referral to a psychologist.
The webinar is accompanied by 5 downloads:
- A copy of the PowerPoint slides
- A 2020 review article on mental health and the bariatric patient
- PDF - The "Golden Rules" after bariatric surgery
- PDF - Five important mindset changes to embrace after surgery
- A certificate of completion for continuing education/professional development purposes
Note: Small group and large group rates available upon request. Please contact us at [email protected] for rates.